At Aardvark Israel, we believe that learning takes place outside the classroom as much as inside. Students regularly participate in excursions throughout Jerusalem and Tel Aviv as well as the northern and southern areas of the country. These field trips include visits to museums, historical sites, a variety of communities, nature reserves, and more. Two types of excursions are offered in order to cater to both students who have little prior experience in Israel and those who have previously toured the country. Field trips are offered approximately once a week. In addition, a variety of seminars are held throughout the year on current and relevant topics.
Sample Extracurricular Activities:
- Yad V'shem Holocaust Museum
- Behind the Scenes at the Israeli Opera
- Independence Hall, Migdal Shalom, and the Founding of Modern Tel Aviv
- The Supreme Court
- Bauhaus Architecture in Tel Aviv
- Underground Prisoner's Museum in Jerusalem
- Holon Museum of the Blind
- Zichron Yaakov and the Nili Spies
- Hike in the Mountains of Eilat
- Dimona and the Black Hebrews
Sample Extracurricular Seminars:
- The Security Fence – Israeli Survival or Political Mistake?
- After Gaza – What Do We Do Now?
- Campus Activism – Life in University After Life in Israel
- High-Tech and Business – Israel's Future
- My Spiritual Quest – Defining My Jewish Self as an Independent Adult